Happy birthday Xbox! You're ten years old now. Who could've imagined that you'd evolve from having the biggest controller in the world... to no controller at all?
A 10 year anniversary is quite a big deal, so how's Microsoft going to celebrate? By giving everyone a free Avatar prop. You can get a digital gift box for your virtual profile, which explodes into fireworks. It may not be a free game, or free Microsoft Points, but at least it's something, right?
In addition to the prop giveaway, Microsoft is celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Xbox by having a "Thank You" sale. Starting right now, you'll be able to pick up mediocre savings, including:
- Halo 3 (Games on Demand) - $29.99
- UNO - 200 Microsoft Points
- Fable III: Traitor's Keep Quest Pack (DLC) - 280 Microsoft Points
- Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection (DLC) - 400 Microsoft Points
- Gears of War 2: Destroyed Beauty Theme - 125 Microsoft Points
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Movie) - 1200 Microsoft Points
- Fast Five: Extended Cut (Movie) - 1200 Microsoft Points
- Adult Swim assorted seasons - 800 Points each
- Drake: Headlines (Music Video) - 160 Microsoft Points
- Black Eyed Peas: Just Can't Get Enough (Music Video) - 160 Microsoft Points