Los Angeles traffic is about 1000x worse than ever, due to the destruction and subsequent rebuilding of a freeway bridge in the city. The locals, and the news, call it Carmageddon, which sounds like an awesome name for a video game. Waitaminute.
So, looks like I'm staying in this weekend. That's cool. Games need to be played. What are you playing and/or up to this weekend?
(Click any editor's name to visit their Twitter page. Follow Shacknews on Twitter for regular updates and giveaways.)
- Garnett Lee: I played a number of things PixelJunk but I’m also enjoying Gion Matsuri in Kyoto over the weekend.
- Xav de Matos: Half way through Dead Space 2, so I might finish that. I've also picked Black Ops multiplayer up again for a future write-up and, due to Jeff Cannata and Dan Trachtenberg convincing me on the latest Weekend Confirmed, I'm trying my hand at Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012.
- Andrew Yoon: [Vacationing]
- Alice O'Connor: I desperately need to spend this weekend asleep but there's pubs, parks, pals, Brink, Guild Wars, Saints Row 2, Natural Selection 2, and, I'm pretty, sure death.
- Jeff Mattas: There’s going to be a lot of XBLA time this weekend, with Kill Team and Ms. Splosion man topping the list. BOOM!
- Steve Watts: I might mess around a bit with NCAA 12 (I'm a newbie when it comes to college football), and I've decided to plunge ahead with replaying Final Fantasy 3/6. It's still fantastic.
- Ozzie Mejia: Getting into Runespell: Overture and continuing the never-ending task of clearing out the XBLA backlog.