Now that the PlayStation Network is back up and running, Sony has announced the details surrounding its promised 'Welcome Back' program for PSN and Qriocity in North America.
According to the announcement, the package "will be made available shortly after we have fully restored the service. More specific details about these offers and eligibility requirements will be posted as the services go live."
For starters, all PlayStation Network users can select two free games from the following list. (The games can be claimed for thirty days after PSN functionality is fully restored, and will be owned 'forever,' once claimed.)
- PS3 Games (pick 2)
- Dead Nation
- Super Stardust HD
- Wipeout HD + Fury
PSP owners can also select two free PSP games from the following list. (The games can be claimed for thirty days after PSN functionality is fully restored, and will be owned 'forever,' once claimed.)
- PSP Games (pick 2)
- LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
- ModNation Racers
- Pursuit Force
- Killzone Liberation
Sony also detailed a handful of 'Welcome Back' goodies available to all PlayStation Network subscribers.
- For all PlayStation Network Subscribers
- A selection of "On Us" rental movie titles will be available to PlayStation Network customers over one weekend, where Video Service is available. Those titles will be announced soon.
- 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership for non PlayStation Plus subscribers.
- Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive an additional 60 days of free subscription.
- Existing Music Unlimited Premium Trial subscription members will receive an additional 30 days of free premium subscription.
- Additional 30 days + time lost for existing members of Music Unlimited Premium/Basic subscription free of charge for existing Premium/Basic members.
- To welcome users Home, PlayStation Home will be offering 100 free virtual items. Additional free content will be released soon, including the next addition to the Home Mansion personal space, and Ooblag’s Alien Casino, an exclusive game.
"As a reminder, you will be able to access the above content shortly after services are fully restored," explains the announcement. "We are doing everything we can to make that happen as soon as possible."