Additions include online rankings, badges, game invites, a spectator mode, and several different racing options. nope Check out the full list of features below:
With over 50 ranks to progress through, there will be a new edge to online racing in WipEout HD. Your finishing position, speed class and the rank of your opponents will determine how many ranking points you are awarded as you strive to go from a Wipeout Trainee to a Wipeout Legend!
Podium Screen & Online Badges
- A new podium screen will now display the top three finishers after each online race or tournament.
- Regardless of whether you finish in the Top Three or not, every player has the chance of being awarded an â€˜online badgeâ€™ in recognition of how they performed in the race.
- There are 33 badges in total, examples of which are displayed here.
Connect easily with your friends
Game invites have now been introduced to WipEout HD to make it easy for you to invite your friends to join your game or for them to invite you! In addition, you will also be informed of any friends with an active online game and have the ability to join that game instantly!
Watch races in progress
If a race has started before you have had chance to join it, Spectator mode will allow you to watch that race. Within spectator mode, you can choose from four camera angles and select which ship to watch.
After the race has been completed, you will be taken back to the lobby with the other players so you can compete with them in the next race.
Lastly, to provide more variety when setting up an online race, WipEout HD has added a few additional options:
- HUD Weapon Hints on/off.
- Opponents - Choose to create a Public, Friends-only or Invite-only game.
- Barrel Rolls on/off
- Pilot Assist Allowed on/off
- Number of laps (max 20)