Rocket League continues to throw more goodies into its game, with its next update adding a new mode with breakable floors, and electrified ball and a damage stat.
The new mode is called Dropshot. Players enter the Core 707 stage "where traditional scoring is turned on its side as players smash through the floor to score." Players do damage to floor panels and when they break, new opportunities present themselves for scoring. The ball will also have three phases, with each phase capable of damaging more panels. The longer it is kept aloft, the more damage it will do. The official site offers more details, as does the trailer below.
The update will also offer plenty of additional items besides the new mode:
- Turbo Crates are new, adding garage items, decals, black market items and exotic wheels.
- Endo is a new linited-drop car available only in Turbo crates.
- New unlockable crate items in the rare, very rare, import, exotic and Black Market categories.
- Season 4 competition will begin, with Season 3 rewards being passed out.
- eSports improvements, such as Live Now button and spectator camera modifications.
- Painted Boosts and Finishes
- New Arenas
- New Trophies and Achievements
The update is coming to PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 for free on March 22.