X
X

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 has taken fan criticisms of the original to heart, EA exec says

Star Wars: Battlefront took some criticism when it came out late last year, and developer DICE took the feedback to heart, and is hoping it will show in the upcoming Star Wars: Battlefront 2 next year.

"We’re trying to address any of the issue that it had,” EA CFO Blake Jorgensen told a NASDAQ investor conference in London (via DualShockers), adding that the new Star Wars movies will provide ample fodder for the game and future DLC. "There seems to be no waning in excitement around the Star Wars world. We’ve got another movie coming up obviously in a few weeks, and people are very excited about it. So we’re looking forward to bringing to the table next year a much bigger, much more exciting Battlefront for consumers."

Despite the criticisms, EA shipped 14 million units of the game, a figure Jorgensen said the company was very happy with given that it was a "first time title." The fourth DLC for the original game is Rogue One: Scarif, which ties into the upcoming movie, will be out on December 6. Jorgensen has said previously that the company plans on a new Star Wars game every year for the next few years to capitalize on the popularity of the franchise and the movies.

It propping up Battlefront, he noted that the Battlefield franchise would be on somewhat of a hiatus. “We won’t have another Battlefield back for a couple of years,” he said.

Visit Chatty to Join The Conversation