Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick teased that Rockstar is preparing to pull the curtain back on its next games. "Rockstar Games also is hard at work on some exciting future projects that will be revealed soon," he said (via GameSpot).
This isn't the first time Take-Two reps have promised exciting things from the creators of GTA. The question is, what games (plural) could Rockstar be working on? It could be too soon for a Grand Theft Auto 6, but GTA 5 is almost three years old. Rockstar could easily announce GTA 6 and then clarify that it's still a year or two out.
There's also the possibility that the developer is prepping a sequel to Red Dead Redemption. I'm in the camp of folks hoping to see something brand new from Rockstar, but sequels do sell.
Zelnick gave the news during Take-Two's earnings call, where he went over the peaks and valleys of the publisher's second quarter of FY 2017. GAAP net revenue rose by 13 percent compared to this period last year, translating to earnings of $311.6 million. NBA 2k16, Battleborn, Grand Theft Auto 5, and GTA Online put the most money in Take-Two's coffers, though Zelnick pointed out that Battleborn underperformed.
In related news, Take-Two's CEO told investors that XCOM 2 has been delayed by three weeks on Xbox One and PS4, pushing release back from September 6 to September 27 in North America and September 30 internationally.