Square Enix has announced Just Cause 3’s first piece of downloadable content, Sky Fortress, will be available on March 8th for those who own the title’s season pass, while going on general sale on March 15.
The Sky Fortress expansion will include a new set of missions that introduce a new threat, the eDEN Corporation. The new threat has an army of deadly robotic drones as well as a huge Sky Fortress, so you know Rico will be blowing all of them up in no time. He’ll get some help from a new upgradable, rocket-powered Bavarium Wingsuit. His new wingsuit has been weaponized and is fitted with shoulder-mounted machine guns and auto-targeting missiles. That’s not all he’ll be wielding as Rico will gain access to the new Eviction personal defense drone and Bavarium Splitter assault rifle.
The Sky Fortress expansion will retail for $11.99 by itself, while the Air, Land, and Sea expansion is priced at $24.99.
In addition to the release of Sky Fortress, Square Enix will also release a new update on Friday, March 4th that includes the following fixes:
- Reduced initial loading time and in-game loading screens by 20-50%
- Fixed several memory leaks resulting in crashes
- Reduced a number of random crashes
- Improved streaming of game world
- Some performance optimizations related to hitches and stuttering
- Implemented DLC system in preparation of the Air, Land and Sea packages
We took Sky Fortress for a spin last week, which you can read more about here. If videos are more your style, check out how the new wingsuit handles in our hands-on video below: