Grand Theft Auto Online's launch hasn't been without a couple of hiccups, the most serious of which has seen characters deleted entirely. Fortunately, Rockstar has released a fix in a new title update.
According to Rockstar, a new patch will solve the pesky character deletion problem, as well as other issues relating to lost progress. However, there's still a persisting issue involving purchasing a vehicle and having the cloud save fail that will still result in character deletion. A fix for this is currently in development.
Here's the changelog:
- Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress
- Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
- Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs
- Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
- Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
- Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
- Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
- Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby
- Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job
- Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages
- Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match