Ok, ok, it's the end of the day, and you just want to go home. It's quitting time on December 12, 2012 with Late Night Computing.
Sleeping sounds nice right now. For one reason or another, I've been waking myself up every 45-minutes or so. Not just waking up, mind you. But scaring myself silly. I don't say much during the day, since I work from home and generally keep to myself outside of the Internet, and my brain has just decided it wants to get chatty. With itself, I suppose. Perhaps the Internet really is driving me insane.
- Guatemala is set to deport John McAfee back to the United States. [via BBC]
- Get a look at 2012 versus 2011 in Google searches. Peter Parker and his Bing account go unaccounted. [via Google]
- Netflix expands its Arrested Development order with a request for five additional episodes. NO TOUCHING. [via Deadline]
- Johnny Depp will star in a Christopher Nolan film about the Singularity, titled Transcendence. [via Betabeat]
- Is Silicon Valley in the midsts of a tech-depression? Marc Andreessen seems to think so. [via Reuters]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "The Secret World. Alright let's do this. As some of you may or may not be aware as of today TSW has adopted a B2P model (buy to play), it basically functions the same way as guild wars now - you just buy the box and there's no sub fees. While I was trying to wrap my head around how to best make this thread and get people actually excited about a game so dear to me, I had an idea. " [by pixelat3d]
- "Far Cry 3. I'm sitting on a rock pretty high up sniping jerks in a village I'm trying to take, just minding my own business, and a TIGER sneaks up on me (yeah he was making noise but I didn't give him the respect he deserved)." [by virus]
Perspective free game 1.0. "In Perspective, the player has two modes of control: a first person camera moving in 3D space, and an avatar that is constrained to the 2D world. In order to get the 2D avatar to the goal at the end of the level, the 3D player needs to move around in 3D space to create paths for the 2D avatar.
Unlike other puzzle games that make use of 2D/3D such as Crush or Fez, Perspective allows the player to move around in 3D space freely. This opens up a lot of new ways to use perception as a puzzle mechanic to create new paths in 2D. Download the mod for Windows.
Planetside 2 Terran Republic empire trailer:
Pick a side in the vast imperial wars of Planetside 2, this trailer featuring the Terran Republic.
BOOM video 14375
There are also two other empire videos for Planetside 2, featuring the New Conglomerate and the Vanu Sovereignty.