Ok, I'm in a much better mood today. Sleep tends to do that. Here's Late Night Computing for December 5, 2012.
Finally, my sinuses have cleared up. Now I can get to the end of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood as my brain is no longer half-asleep from its Nyquil bath. Far Cry 3 is bound to be here soon and I desperately want to get some time in with it before the Internet spoils anything (provided there is anything to be spoiled, of course.) What do you think of the game so far? Am I in for a crazy ride?
- IWillDominate is banned from League of Legends by Riot for breaking the Summoner's Code, making him ineligible to compete in the Championship Series for one year. [via League of Legends]
- Get a first look at the movie adaptation of Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game, including the very first picture. Buggers beware, Harrison Ford is out for blood. [via Entertainment Weekly]
- Two guys are building a full-sized replica of the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars. [via BBC]
- Baton down the hatches, ladies and gentlemen. Samsung and Apple head back to court tomorrow. [via CNET]
- The House of Representatives unanimously votes to ban United Nations control of the Internet. [via TheNextWeb]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "I am confused and enraged at a lack of Far Cry 3 threads this morning. The upgrade system is weird with the holsters and all. I was far more interested in being able to carry 4 weapons than rescuing my buddies. I put in about 5-6 hours last night and I've already maxed out almost all the holsters and satchels already, except for the ones that require you to do a mission to unlock. Got 4-5 radio towers and maybe 4 camps. I think the Skyrim Lite with guns comparison is fair just because it's so easy to get distracted. On my way to do a radio tower I notice on the map there are Cassowarys on a nearby island. Well... I do need Cassowary leather. On the island I notice some sharks in the distance. Well, I do need shark skin... hey is that a relic?" [by Dynotaku]
- "Planetside 2 So I'm not sure many people know this, but, you can trial test guns from the shop, 1 gun every 8 hours. Go to the store, find the gun you want, hit unlock, at the bottom you click the button for a trial. You have to be alive when you do it, otherwise it will not accept your activation. Go to your load out, and voila, there's your weapon. I tried the chain gun for the heavy last night, holy [crap], that is all." [by damageundone]
Far Cry 3 patch 1.02. Grab the very latest patch for Far Cry 3, featuring numerous multiplayer issues, a fix for crash to desktop issues with the map editor, and fixes for single player issues. Download the patch for Windows here.
Trials Evolution Riders of Doom trailer:
The second full downloadable pack for Trials Evolution, Riders of Doom, comes to you in December for 400 Microsoft Points.
BOOM video 14329
Check out three new trailers for multiple Resident Evil 6 content packs, the December content pack trailer for Forza Horizon, a console teaser for Terraria, and the Rapala Pro Bass Fishing launch trailer.