November 7, 2012, and Late Night Computing has a post-election hangover from too much political news.
The Internet sure is buzzing with post-election political news, much of it speculating what the future holds for the political right and the Republican party. Grid-lock over the next few years is almost guaranteed, but what of 2016 and beyond? Only time will tell. One thing is for certain: the bobbleheads on the television will be talking about this nonstop. At least the majority of the political ads are done with!
- A brand new report shows a huge leap in North American Internet usage over the last year. [via Techcrunch]
- Go inside the successful Obama campaign and meet the number gurus who helped him win last night's election. [via TIME]
- Why 528 blogger Nate Silver was a big winner last night, even after a pre-election backlash. [via ReadWriteWeb]
- Apple is awarded a patent for a rectangle with rounded corners by the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Lawsuits drop in 3, 2.... [via Ars Technica]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "Mechwarrior Online - MWO - The Big Stompy Robots for President 2016 Edition
I don't have anything extremely meaningful to say here, I just figured we need a fresh thread for today. I came to the realization last night that I either need to re-spec my Atlas AS7-K to a more close range fighter, or I need to build myself a new mech for infighting. It seems like the 4 man teams lead to matches which are all ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK and tons of missiles. I kept finding myself face to face with one or two mechs up close and getting my ass handed to me. I have my eye on a Streak SRM Catapult (Scala special) because that seems pretty mobile and puts out a lot of damage (also just looks like a lot of fun). Any good stories from last night? There was a good amount of Shackers playing last night (I think we actually need to create more 'dropships' in the MWO Teamspeak channel)." [by Gwyndion]
- "I am absolutely amazed at the graphics in Halo 4 and Assassin's Creed 3. It's like they've perfected the lighting models (makes all the difference in the world). Everything looks so awesome, even fewer jaggies than I expected. It's amazing to look at older 360 games and see how much they've evolved without hardware changes. I'm very excited to see what next-gen games will look like in the next couple years." [by pigvomit]
- Beast Boxing Turbo demo 1.0. "If you're a fan of old-school boxing games, but don't want to buy a hint guide to figure out how to play, then this is the game for you! Beast Boxing Turbo features a totally unique fighting system that focuses on the zen of attack and defense, with deceptively simple, challenging gameplay, like the way boxing games used to be. Laptops, keyboard & mouse, and gamepads are all supported!" Download the demo for Windows or Mac.
Tropic 4 Gold Customization trailer:
Customize and rule your tiny island with an iron fist to your content in Tropico 4 Gold.
BOOM video 14176