Halloween is long gone, and that leaves you with only Late Night Computing for November 1, 2012 to look forward to.
A day after criticizing the reception to Medal of Honor: Warfighter, Electronic Arts started up the marketing machine for Army of Two: Devil's Cartel with a round of new screenshots to trumpet a March 2013 launch date. Though Visceral claims its a reboot of the series, Garnett said it best in the Shacknews Daily for August 2, 2012: "Who wanted a third Army of Two game?"
I wonder if EA's reaction will be the same after their next earnings report should the game sell lower than their internal expectations.
- Chris Roberts, creator of Wing Commander and Star Citizen, is back on reddit to do an 'ask me anything' thread after last weeks was cut short. [via Reddit]
- Are you willing to invest large amounts of money in free-to-play games? You might just be a whale. [via Wired Game|Life]
- A UK judge orders Apple to replace its 'inaccurate' statement on Samsung with something less misleading. [via BBC News]
- Twitter spread news and first hand accounts of Hurricane Sandy's destruction over the last several days, for public officials and survivors both. [via Bloomberg Businessweek]
- Higher education might just get the revolution it desperately needs, all thanks to its online brethren. [via MIT Technology Review]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "Assassins Creed III. Shack, can we talk about this game some more? I cannot believe a title with this big of a name, with this big of a budget, with so much riding on it, actually takes some meaningful risks. What about you guys? Having fun?" [by warcrow]
- "It's happening! New PS4 kits are shipping, with more coming in January supposedly. The kits (if they're real) have an AMD A10 APU. The system currently is planned to have 8 or 16gb of RAM, will have Blu-Ray, a standard 256gb drive. The ultimate goal is 3D games running at 1080p60." [by Fenring42]
- Brutal Doom mod 0.17 for Doom. "Prepare to see the most disturbing, sadistic and morbid manifestation of violence that you ever seen in your life. BRUTAL DOOM is the definitive gameplay enhancement mod for the Zdoom, GZDoom and Skulltag engines. Warning: After you see it, it cannot be unseen!" Download the free Doom mod for GZDoom Engine or Zandronum Engine.
Saints Row: The Third The Full Package launch trailer:
Sasha Grey lets it all hang out with Volition and THQ, introducing The Full Package of Saints Row: The Third, which includes all of the downloadable content.
BOOM video 14148