Ok, so it's Wednesday. Time to kick back and relax as the rest of the week drags on with Late Night Computing for October 17, 2012.
After finishing up Dishonored on low chaos over the weekend, I moved onto the fourth episode of The Walking Dead by Telltale and Skybound yesterday. I've made assertions in Latest Chatty that The Walking Dead is my hands-down favorite for Game of the Year, and the latest episode has only reinforced my opinion. It's not without its problems (my Xbox 360 version suffers from terrible stuttering at times), but no other game this year has had a similar impact on me. Go play it if you haven't yet.
- Have you made a pledge to support Star Citizen? Or do you want to, but were put off by something? Chris Roberts wants to hear from you with this one question survey. Personally, I'm a huge sucker for ship specifications! Give me more, please. [via Roberts Space Industries]
- Did you enjoy the art direction in Dishonored? Me, too! Check out this gallery, including concept art. [via The Telegraph]
- Take a trip into a monstrous Google data center. It's...intimidating, to put it lightly. [via Wired]
- Next Media presents their entertaining take on last night's presidential debate. [via Youtube]
- Hospital medical equipment running on older operating systems is becoming an issue, says a new report by MIT. [via MIT Technology Review]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "How are you guys liking it? I'm thinking of giving it a go for $20, but I'd like Doom-ers who played Doom 3 using assorted high-res mods to weigh in. Does BFG look comparable to Sikkmod, which I've got bolted onto the game and am quite pleased with?
Another question: What are the odds The Lost Missions will come out as free DLC? The same thing happened to the exclusive Doom 2 mission packed released with the XBLA version of the game a couple of years ago. I'm willing to support a great game, but are the new missions and graphical bells and whistles worth the investment?." [by David Craddock]
- A rant on Starcraft 2. "Yeaaaah, I think he's pretty much right on just about all points. Aside from his spot-on points about Blizzard not appealing to the casual gamer, I haven't seen anything in Heart of the Swarm that's compelling or makes me think it's gonna pump life into SC2." [by burning eye]
Talisman Prologue demo 1.0. "At last, the superb fantasy adventure board game that is ‘Talisman’ makes it into the domain of the video game. The first release is called ‘Talisman Prologue’ - a version based on the full-rule set that is designed to let solo players quickly explore the nature of each character and the board itself in a series of challenging quests. Play the first quest in the game. Take control of the Warrior as he battles through swathes of monsters. A great introduction to the Talisman rules and the questing system." Download the demo for Windows here.
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two Paint and Thinner vignette trailer:
"Junction Point Studios releases the first in a series of trailers detailing the gameplay of Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two."
BOOM video 14029