Late Night Computing has a new target for October 12, 2012. You.
What do you imagine the world of Dishonored smells like? Yes, I know you're saying to yourself "my what an odd question." But, as I was blinking in and out of the shadows last night, it struck me that this world must wreck rather pungently. Not like that fresh new-car scent wafting through the command center of Mass Effect's Normandy. What does burning whale blubber smell like, anyways? I haven't the slightest idea. And really, I'm not quite sure I need to find out.
- Revel in the upcoming release of Doom 3: BFG Edition with a close examination of the series. [via PCGamesN]
- In the mood to cook this weekend? Celebrate 150 issues of Saveur Magazine with 150 different classic recipes. Do not look at this link if you are hungry or on a diet. Trust me. [via Saveur]
- If you aren't in the mood to cook, but rather want a good scare for Halloween, check out this list of ten scary short movies available online for free. [via RamblingBeachCat]
- Baton down the ports. The Internet is about to become a warzone as the US begins to develop "first-strike cyber-forces." [via BBC]
- It's a bird, it's a plane! Nope, that's just an asteroid the size of my gaming backlog cruising shy of Earth today. [via Yahoo! News]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "It seems like several high-profile game projects on Kickstarter aren’t going to make it, but I can’t tell if it’s because of really bad timing or the simple fact that the whole Kickstarter craze is finally starting to die down....What say you, my friends? Is Kickstarter running out of steam?" [by The Grolar Bear]
- "League of Legends the most played game in the world. Holy crap, whether you like the game or not, that's some impressive stats." View the infograph here. [by Bamii]
Heroes Unleashed 1.0.08b for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon. "Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed, the ruthlessly unforgiving tactical shooter experience. Unofficial expansion pack for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon with 150+ maps, 250+ weapons, tons of new content, packed with ass-kicking realism and countless other gameplay improvements. Maybe it's time to revisit the King of tactical shooters!" Download the mod for Windows here, or the mod for Mac here.
ZombiU Tower of London walkthrough trailer:
"Travel through the rotting Tower of London as corpses return to life and wreck vengeance upon the remains of humanity."
BOOM video 14008
Darkstalkers Resurrection wastes no time in making its presence known at the 2012 New York Comic-Con, Street Fighter X Tekken for the PlayStation Vita has a double helping of gameplay goodness, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate reveals some gorgeous gameplay, Hotline Miami gets some kind of weird live action trailer, and we get new screenshots for Call of Duty: Black Ops II.