Start your crazy week properly with a healthy dose of Late Night Computing for October 8, 2012.
This week is officially bananas, jam packed with new media. Here's what I'm looking forwards to.
Tuesday has the release of Dishonored and XCOM: Enemy Unknown, with Prometheus coming to Blu-Ray. Coheed & Cambria also releases their new album The Afterman: Ascension tomorrow. Wednesday has the fourth episode of The Walking Dead (Tuesday for the PlayStation Network crowd). Thursday has the return of my two favorite comedies, The League and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and the vice presidential debate between Joe Biden and Paul Ryan. Lots of stuff to do over the weekend as well, with the movies Argo and Seven Psychopaths releasing Friday. That's not even mentioning Monday night and Thursday night football or the new episode of Fringe!
Anyone else overwhelmed with this week? Somebody hold me.
- Full body motion capture in real times is achieved with several sensors and Epic's Unreal Engine. [via Geek]
- The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) launches a new 'web standards' with support from an alphabet of big web companies. [via The Next Web]
- The U.S. Congressional Intelligence Committee and Cisco proclaim that "Chinese networking and telecommunications cannot be trusted." [via VentureBeat]
- The first episode of Ground Game with Weekend Confirmed's Jeff Cannata hits Youtube. [via Youtube]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "I have to say: Borderlands 2 has some awesome writing and voice acting. Some of the side quests are hilarious." [by zehh]
- "Mechwarrior Online menz:
So I went for the $60 package with an Atlas AS7-D, and wonder if some of you guys have any tips for a setup? I'm not very good with the LRM-20, can't get it to do much damage, so I chucked out the LRM and put in a SRM-6, 2 SRM ammo and some heatsinks instead. Now my Atlas is much more friendly to my 4 medium lasers, and I rock at close quarters, but am [screwed] if the range is greater than 300m. In general I like this setup, but thoughts?" [by utgaardsloke]
Star Wars Conquest mod preview 0.94 for Mount & Blade. "Star Wars Conquest is a Mount & Blade module which transforms a medieval world into the far, far away galaxy... with the same premises than the original game, this module offers an open sandbox where the player can do anything he wants. Based on a Galactic map and hundreds of planets.". Download the free mod here.
The Walking Dead Playing Dead episode 7 trailer:
"Join the crew behind The Walking Dead to discuss where the series has been this season, and where its potentially going. Spoilers ahead!"
BOOM video 13972
And that's a wrap!