Did you miss me last night? I missed you, too! So I'm back again for the September 14, 2012 edition of Late Night Computing.
I really didn't have too much of an interest in playing the recently released FTL: Faster Than Light Kickstarter, but all this chatter in the chatty has poked a hole in my deflector shields. All of your stories have left me amused to no end, and I really need a break from my Dota 2 reading. Otherwise, I'm going to go bonkers. It's either that or watch my beloved Pittsburgh Pirates suffer at the hands of terrible opposing teams.
- Get some of that hot, hot Just Cause 2 multiplayer action with this weekends test, beginning Saturday at 4:00 am EDT / 1 am PDT. [via Twitter]
- Go to this theatre if you plan to talk or text during your next movie, and report back to Shacknews immediately. [via /Film]
- Treehouse is offering free programming courses for up to 2,500 students. Get a job, you hippie! [via TechCrunch]
- Do you have a monthly contract for a mobile phone? Chances are, you're being overcharged. Now the real question: by how much? [via MIT Technology Review]
- Apparently, sleeping-in over the weekend doesn't help you catch up on lost rest. I can't hear you over the sounds of my snoring, sorry. Oh, it's noon? [via Lifehacker]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "FTL Thread. Yeah so this game is so great I don't know what I'm gonna do with myself, I'm about to pass out I'm so excited about this. The layers of complexity and strategy are incredible. I underpaid for this game at their asking price, no question." [by MercFox1]
- "If you're young enough, and if you haven't already done so, ask your parents to recount certain events: JFK... Neil Armstrong... the Challenger. It's pretty much a guaranteed way to instantly make your evening more interesting, regardless of what they were doing at the time." [by eldersveld]
Black Mesa free game for Windows. "Prepare for an experience that you will find nostalgic, exciting and fresh. Black Mesa is a re-envisioning of Valve Software's seminal game Half-Life. You will re-visit the inaugural role of Gordon Freeman and his memorable journey through the Black Mesa Research Facility.
Expect tremendously detailed environments to explore, a huge cast of characters and experimental weaponry. All-new music, voice acting, choreography and added dialogue give way to a more expansive and immersive experience than ever before. In a nutshell, play Half-life the way we think it was meant to be played!" Download the free game for Windows.
BOOM video 13838
Far Cry 3 Monkey Business trailer:
Congratulations Ubisoft, you win the prize for the worst trailer of 2012. Warning: honey badger balls make a special appearance.
BOOM video 13843
And that's all you get. It has nothing to do with today's Black Mesa release, I promise you. Have a great weekend, muffin!