September 4, 2012 is the date. And this is Late Night Computing. Why don't you come in and stay awhile?
I finally sat down for a marathon session of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron and finished the excellent single-player campaign. With most games, I don't bother to sit through the credits, but this game is an exception. All of the main characters make appearances in the background and show off for the camera, from the dancing Jazz to the hulking Metroplex. Do yourself a favor and watch them if you need a laugh.
Oh, and High Moon? Please, please do a Transformers: Beast Wars title. I'd love to see your take on the universe and characters!
- Excited for XCOM: Enemy Unknown this fall? Me, too! Check out the first footage of the PC interface in this new video at PAX Prime 2012. [via 2K Games]
- Need something to help wake you up while you read John Keefer's Morning Caffeinated? Try some hot, wet All-Natural Caffeinated Maple Syrup. [via ThinkGeek]
- Did you watch The International for Dota 2 over the weekend? Good. Now learn how to play with this guide. [via reddit]
- The preason is over, and week one of the NFL season is upon us. Here are this weeks power rankings. [via ESPN]
- Get up to date personal Facebook analytics with Wolfram|Alpha. [via Wolfram|Alpha]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "There hasn't been a good Vietnam game in awhile, but that doesn't mean you can't have an incredible Vietnam runnin'-through-the-jungle experience in existing games. To that end, I present: Last Man.
The premise of this is rather neat - with only a handful of radios and maps per squad, an entire platoon is scattered throughout a foggy jungle and told that they have to make their way to a jungle clearing to be picked up by Hueys. The catch? There are enemies in hot pursuit and lurking all over the jungle. Oh, and it's rather close to nightfall." [by Dslyecxi]
- "You know how in Guild Wars 2 the first dungeon is kinda hard and it feels like you're squishy and there's no "mechanics" in defeated bosses? It gets a LOT better down the road. Some of the boss later in the game remind me a little of Legends of Zelda. Keep at it guys, it gets better." [by Opticom]
Diaspora: Shattered Armistice free game. "After more than four years of development, the Diaspora Development team are proud to release our game. It has been forty years since the devastating war between the Colonials and the Cylons. Forty years where no one has seen or heard of the Cylons. Forty years where the armistice has held." Fly a Viper MK VII, experience dynamic multiplayer, and create and share your own missions in the free game for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
BOOM video 13754
Halo 4 A Hero Awakens developer diary:
343 Industries takes a ten-minute look at the creative process behind the game in a brand new trailer.
BOOM video 13741
We also have some new media fresh from PAX Prime 2012 with a new trailer for Warface, a trailer detailining the story of The Unfinished Swan, a Furies trailer for God of War: Ascension, we head to Hell's Kitchen with Marvel Heroes, several character reveals for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, the sixth developer diary for Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two, the Rogue character reveal for R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War, and a Limit Break trailer for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.