EA Sports' Season Ticket program is coming back for another year. And it provides a far greater value than last year's debut offering.
As before, the $25 Season Ticket grants you early access to this season's games. You'll be able to download an early version of Madden, NHL, FIFA, Tiger Woods, and NCAA three days before its retail release via PlayStation Network or Xbox Live. Note that while these games are fully playable for three days with the membership, you'll have to actually buy a copy if you want to play beyond the trial period.
This year, the Season Ticket also offers free access to DLC across all five mentioned titles. EA Sports claims that they have a combined value of over $100. Here's what's on offer:
Madden NFL 13
- Early access date – Friday, August 24, 2012 (6:00pm EST)
- Included paid DLC – One Legendary and 24 Pro Madden packs – one per week for 24 consecutive weeks - for use in Madden Ultimate Team (over $30 in value)
- Early access date – Friday, September 7, 2012 (6:00pm EST)
- Included paid DLC – 24 NHL Gold Premium packs for use in Hockey Ultimate Team – one per week for 24 consecutive weeks (over $30 in value)
FIFA Soccer 13
- Early access date – Friday, September 21, 2012 (6:00pm EST)
- Included paid DLC – 24 FIFA Ultimate Team Gold Premium packs —one per week for 24 consecutive weeks—to help build an ultimate team of soccer superstars (over $30 in value)
Benefits for Tiger Woods and NCAA Football will be revealed later. In addition to early access and included DLC, Season Ticket holders will also get a 20% discount on any other PDLC they purchase. Considering each game promises over $30 worth of DLC in this year's Season Ticket, it may be wise for passionate fans of even just a single game to invest in EA's $25 offering.