Remember Yo! Noid (Noid being the spiteful claymation mascot of Domino's Pizza) for the NES? I do. Oh, I do. That stupid theme song still plays in my head from time to time. And the yo-yo, oh the yo-yo. I died so many times on the first level.
What am I on about? I saw a commercial for Cheetos this evening, and the new 'cool' Chester Cheeto seems like he would be the perfect character for a platformer. Every flavor of Cheetos could have a different effect. Flamin' Hot Cheetos would light enemies on fire. Cheetos Puffs would make enemies blow up like balloon and explode. I wonder how zombies would fare against their cheesy goodness.
In the meantime: What are you playing? (Click any editor's name to visit their Twitter page. Follow Shacknews on Twitter for regular updates.)
- Garnett Lee: I’ve been slogging through the horrors in Spec Ops: the Line and look forward to moving on. I picked up Max Payne 3 which I look forward to getting into and will definitely be continuing my Diablo III first run, now in the second act with my demon hunter. And between things I’ll be furthering the endeavors of my Pocket Planes empire and playing more of the excellent Strikefleet Omega on my iPad.
- Andrew Yoon: I… can’t stop playing SimCity Social. I need more land permits!
- John Keefer: I’ve been playing Plague Inc. on my iPhone ever since I found out about it in Chatty. Interesting little game if you don’t mind killing off the world’s population. And since I have been on my iPhone more, I have also picked up Angry Birds Space again, since I haven’t played it in awhile. Those stupid pigs need to be annihilated.
- Alice O'Connor: I shall be playing this wild and crazy game we call "life" across the parks and pubs of London, dancing, cricketing, and smoking meat until the cruel Monday morning light falls upon my weary face.
- Jeff Mattas: I’ll be wrapping up Spec Ops: the Line, along with On the Rainslick Precipice of Darkness 3. Those games aside, I’m hoping to check out some of The Journey Down, and the iOS version of Cthulhu Saves the World. Old school genres, ahoy!
- Steve Watts: I'll probably spend most of my time this weekend diving into The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard, with some Lollipop Chainsaw and Spec Ops: the Line peppered in for good measure.
- Ozzie Mejia: Not much gaming for me this weekend, since I'll be celebrating my birthday. If I'm not feeling entirely exhausted from a fun-filled weekend, I'll probably jump into Team Fortress 2 to check out the Pyromania update.
- Tyler J. Smith: Of course the newest episode of The Walking Dead is about food scarcity. Here I am, listening to characters I actually like complain about starving to death, with an extra large bag of Flamin' Hot Cheetos in my hand. I'd never survive the apocalypse.