Magicka has cast a mighty spell, summoning not only an update with heaps of tech improvements and fixes, but also a new trailer for its eerie upcoming Lovecraftian downloadable expansion 'The Stars Are Left.'
The patch, already out through Steam, brings checkpoints remembered between play sessions, a fancier particle system, stuttering fixes, server browser improvements, and heaps more.
Steam has the full changelog, but here are the highlights:
- Fairy familiar added, revives characters after death occurs in solo campaign
- Checkpoints now save progress even if game is quit
- Chapter select added to replay previously played chapters
- Several improvements to the server browser
- Physics and collision detection improved - less falling through the floor
- Frame rate stuttering - should be less noticeable for some users
- Extended particle system with particle lights
- Improved light performance
- Several minor bug fixes, game balance, and tweaks
And now, witness the unspeakable horrors of The Stars Are Left. It'll rise from the depths of the space, time, and madness this winter, with new enemies, levels, magicka, items, and more. As with the Vietnam expansion, only the player hosting will need to have bought it.
BOOM video 11190