The Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta is going on... right now! If you managed to win a code from us, congrats! Otherwise, use your free PlayStation Plus membership and download the beta from the PlayStation Store now.
The beta will run until July 14th, giving you access to a rotation of a variety of game types on three maps. You'll be able to play Team Deathmatch, Plunder, Three Team Deathmatch, Hardcore, Co-op Arena, Free For All, Team Objective, Co-op Hunter and Co-op Adventure on the Airstrip, Chateau, and Yemen levels. For specific dates on the rotation, visit the PlayStation.Blog.
In addition, the beta will let you play split-screen or in stereoscopic 3D, if your TV supports it.
While there is a level cap in the game (of 25), you should still play as much as you can. Naughty Dog unveiled that bonuses will unlock in the final game based on your participation in the beta. The prizes are as follows:
- Download the UNCHARTED 3 Beta and receive the exclusive UNCHARTED 3 PSN Beta Tester Avatar!
- Complete 10 matches in every mode of Competitive Multiplayer and receive the Exclusive Beta Decal Pack 1!
- Complete 5 matches in every mode of Co-operative Multiplayer and receive the Exclusive Beta Decal Pack 2!
- Complete 4 Treasure Sets and receive the Treasure Hunter’s Starter Pack!
- Rank up to level 25 in the Beta and receive a handsome reward of in-game cash on day one!
That's certainly a nice treat, on top of being able to play the game months before release. Uncharted 3 will be available on November 1st.