Though Activision has repeatedly stated that it won't be charging for multiplayer with its new Call of Duty Elite service, the company hasn't really shared many details on what will be included. With some users still expressing confusion over the service's features, it was an apt time to update the FAQ with a more specific run-down.
Teasing that "even haters can play for free," Activision's list of Elite services is a hefty one. Check out the list below, and expect it to be a strong push during the company's press conference later today. The service is set to launch this fall with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
- Access Elite through the web as well as Elite’s free custom iOS and Android applications for smartphones and tablets
- Communicate any way you want across mobile, console and the web with your friends
- Track and share thousands of stats with friends - k/d ratios, score-per-minute, win % and loads more, all represented in easy to understand charts and infographics
- Create your own custom leaderboards to track friendly rivalries - who is moving up and down in your group of friends?
- Analyze advanced heat maps detailing your match-by-match performance - where you killed or got killed, when it happened, and more
- Analyze your weapons performance - which weapons you are best with in which situations
- Upload and share videos of your greatest moments through our exclusive theater mode with the touch of a button
- After you analyze your performance to your heart’s content - Customize your loadout - search through all the weapons, attachments and perks, and push them directly into the game menu from the web or your mobile device with the touch of a button
- Join dozens of groups and find other players with common interests to play with and compete against - find people who make the game the most fun for you - TDM, Lakers' fans, Weekend Warriors
- Create a Clan with players who share your interests and taste for competition
- Bring your Facebook friends right into the game, easily taking your existing network into the Call of Duty experience.
- Seamlessly be placed into Groups with those who share your affinities and interests based on your Facebook profile.
- Start tracking your Call of Duty career - everything you wanted to know about your performance across the franchise starting with Black Ops