This patch should also allow players that own the English language version of the game in the "SEA" region (Southeast Asia, Australia, and New Zealand) to play on the North American Battle.net servers. Thankfully, no additional client will have to be downloaded as the region switching functionality has been built into the 1.1 client.
Sadly, the balance changes appear to be limited to what was discussed in the Situation Report at the end of August. Many players, myself included, were hoping for additional changes. I'm considering playing Random... or Terran. I'm a bit bored with Protoss now.
[Update 2:00PM] The patch is now live. Simply launch StarCraft II to start downloading.
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty - Patch 1.1.0
The rest of the patch notes can be viewed in full here.
- Build time increased from 33 to 38.
- Warp Gate cooldown increased from 23 to 28.
- Ground damage decreased from 10 to 8.
- Build time increased from 30 to 35.
- Build time increased from 40 to 45.
- Siege Tank
- Siege mode damage changed from 50 to 35 (+15 armored).
- Upgrade damage changed from +5 to +3 (+2 armored).
- Ram ability removed. Ultralisk will now use normal attack against buildings.
- Damage decreased from 15 (+25 armored) to 15 (+20 armored).
- Desert Oasis
- Destructible Rocks have been added to make natural expansions easier to protect.
- Center Xel'Naga Tower area has been narrowed.