Dubbed "Absolute Power," the $19.99 expansion will deliver a new campaign, new buildings, new landmarks, a new faction, and so on. It also requires the original game.
Though the Xbox 360 version of Tropico 3 hit in mid-February, no mention was made of the console or bringing the expansion to the platform in today's announcement.
For all the nitty-gritty details on the expansion, let's turn things over to Kalypso:
New features of the Absolute Power expansion include:
- New campaign featuring 10 missions on a separate map with 10 islands which are also available in sandbox mode
- New buildings (including Garbage Dump, Marina, Small Garage, Children's Playground, and more...) and a new buildings category for current and new decorations with individual icon models
- New "Megalomania" Edicts - demonstrate your absolute power by ordering the construction of a huge golden statue of Tropico's top export, declaring an annual festival dedicated to yourself or even print your own money!
- Six New Landmarks - build huge decorations and structures which dominate the island landscape and make each island unique.
- New Faction - The "Loyalist Faction" are your die-hard supporters and want no elections (since El Presidente is obviously the best candidate) and want a statue on every corner!
- Faction Disasters - Low standing with any island faction will trigger new disasters if not addressed
- New Intro and Win/Lose Cutscenes
- Four Additional Avatar Costumes - Two for male and two for female avatars
- Beautification upgrades for the presidential palace including rooftop pool, extra towers, flags, banners and a larger balcony (which will increase the effects of balcony speeches)
- More icons displaying the status of buildings and displaying input/output storage numbers for selected buildings
- Prevalent Faction - In every sandbox game one faction is chosen as "prevalent" on the island. Members of this faction will be especially numerous throughout the entire game and their satisfaction will be more important than usual
- More radio announcements to guide you through Tropico's daily life
- Gravel Roads - A second type of road for rural areas with decreased travel speed