The Destiny 2 weekly reset is here for December 19, 2017. Guardians will see loads of changes when they log in and play Destiny 2 today, including The Dawning. That’s not our focus now, though, since the reset is all about the activities that you can complete and the items that you can buy from your favorite vendors.
Nightfall - The Arms Dealer
This week's Nightfall is the Arms Dealer. While there is no way to extend the mission timer, you should be rolling in grenades the entire Nightfall. Be sure that at least one of your Guardians is a Titan running the Striker subclass, allowing them to spam the Pulse grenade at all times. Not only are they devastating grenades, but the Titan can get two of them with the correct subclass configuration.
- Torrent - Boundless Power erupts from within. Your abilities recharge much faster.
- Timewarp: Zero Hour - The mission timer cannot be extended. Choose your battles carefully.
- Speed Of Dark - Complete the Nightfall with at least 5 minutes remaining.
- Unbroken - Complete the Nightfall with fewer than 3 deaths.
- Trash The Thresher - Shoot down a Thresher while fighting Bracus Zahn.
Leviathan Raid Order
Each week, the Leviathan Raid gets flipped on its head and the order of the encounters changes. You’ll want to use our Leviathan raid underbelly code to skip the Castellum. Unfortunately, there’s still a set order that you need to complete the raid encounters in.
Leviathan Raid Challenge
The raid features a unique challenge during one of its encounters each week. Most encounters will remain the same, but one will offer greater rewards if you meet special conditions. Be sure to read up on our Leviathan raid guide to learn how to pass each test, but also study up on this week’s challenge.
Flashpoint - Titan
There are worse places to have to do a Flashpoint than on Titan. Two of the three public events are the Fallen Walker, and the other is the Witches Ritual. Both can be completed fairly quickly and are tough to screw up. Be sure to read our heroic public event guide to make sure you know how to trigger each one properly.
Weekly Faction Weapons for Sale
Now that Bungie has gone through with the December 12 update, you can buy weapons from vendors directly. You can also get armor, but that will remain the same each week. Below is a list of each vendor that sells weapons, and what they’re selling this week. You should then cross reference this list with our list of the best PvE weapons in Destiny 2.
- Devrim Kay - Hawthorn's Field-Forged Shotgun - Legendary Shotgun
- Sloan - Nox Echo II - Legendary Fusion Rifle
- Asher Mir - The Rattler - Legendary Sidearm
- Failsafe - The Mornin' comes - Legendary Sniper Rifle
- Commander Zavala - Wicked Sister - Legendary Grenade Launcher
- Lord Shaxx - Swift Solstice - Legendary Sidearm
- Legendary Weapon Mod - Arc Damage Mod
- Legendary Chest Armor Mod - Power Bracket Mod
- Legendary Helmet Armor Mod - Solar Ordnance Mod
Each week you can buy legendary mods from the Gunsmith. Really, the only thing that you must buy here is the Attack Damage Mod that gives you +5 on your kinetic weapon. I bought three of those when he was selling them last week.
Tess sells lots of crap each week. The Destiny 2 community can’t stand her, but there is no denying that her inventory is some of the most sought-after gear that you can find in Destiny 2. Come to think of it, that’s why people don’t like her.
- Good Idea Rare Emote - 400 Bright Dust
- Shuffle Dance Legendary Emote - 700 Bright Dust
- Marbles Orb Weaver Legendary Sparrow - 600 Bright Dust
- Mainsail Royal Legendary Ship - 500 Bright Dust
- Jade Countenance Exotic Weapon Ornament (Fighting Lion) - 800 Bright Dust
- Summer Storm Exotic Weapon Ornament (Riskrunner) - 1,250 Bright Dust
- Forest Ranger Exotic Armor Ornament (Orpheus Rig) - 1,500 Bright Dust
- Orchid Shell Legendary Ghost - 400 Bright Dust
- Vex Arrival Legendary Transmat Effect - 650 Bright Dust
- Midnight Talons Legendary Shader - 40 Bright Dust
- Nobel Constant Red Legendary Shader - 40 Bright Dust
- Fireteam Medallion Legendary Consumable - 50 Bright Dust
- Gleaming Boon of the Vanguard Legendary Consumable - 350 Bright Dust
- Gleaming Boon of the Crucible Legendary Consumable - 750 Bright Dust
That will conclude the Destiny 2 weekly reset for December 19, 2017. Be sure to complete all activities on each of the three characters you have (you do have three, right) so you can maximize your gains and stay ready for any situation. The Shacknews Destiny 2 complete strategy guide will help you do that.