The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is Nintendo’s latest opus which features a Hyrule bigger than ever before. Once again gamers will step into the shoes of the champion Link and take on the evil forces of Ganon. This time around, The Legend of Zelda is a much more open-world game, and it’s up to you to seek out the right path as you forge ahead to regain control of the Divine Beasts and retake Hyrule Castle. This Zelda: Breath of the Wild guide will assist you in finding your way through Link’s adventure. If you’re looking for the best Zelda: BOTW guide, look no further.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Tips
- Make sure you’re always picking up weapons. In Breath of the Wild, every single weapon you pick up will eventually break, so there’s no use holding onto powerful weapons that have no durability left. Sometimes it’s best to replace a powerful weapon with a weaker weapon if you know it doesn’t have much life left.
- Enemies are much harder in Zelda: Breath of the Wild than in many previous entries. Coupled with the fact that your weapons break, Link’s relative weakness means you’ll need to rely on either precise guarding and attacking technique or stealth to deal with enemies.
- Pick up everything. You can only carry a limited (but expandable) amount of weapons, but you can take a virtually unlimited amount of cooking and elixir ingredients. There are no random hearts in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild in pots or defeated enemies to heal you. Instead, you’ll be relying heavily on cooked foodstuffs for health recovery and status boosts.
- If you find yourself stuck or lost, just keep moving. Breath of the Wild is very non-linear once you leave the Great Plateau and head into Hyrule proper, so you’ll inevitably stumble upon something to do.
- Make sure you enter and complete any shrines you encounter. Not only will completing them get you a Spirit Orb you can use to power up your health or stamina, but you will also get a new fast travel marker with each shrine completed.
- A top priority for you should be to fill in the map. It can be hard to find anything, even with a waypoint, if you’re searching in a part of Hyrule that is blank on your map.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Basic Guides
These guides will help you with the basics of Breath of the Wild and are great if you want a hint at how to proceed, but don’t want many spoilers.
Adding to Link's health is a bit different in BOTW than it was in previous Zelda titles. Use this guide to learn how to get more hearts and stamina.
Breath of the Wild has frigid cold areas that can cost Link his life without the proper items. Learn how to keep Link toasty through any cold environment.
There are also areas in Hyrule that are blazing hot. Find out how to keep Link from catching on fire.
Learn how to skip bad weather and go straight to the time of day you desire.
We show you how to cook, and give you some tips on how to make the best food and elixirs.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Advanced Guides
These guides will take you through some more advanced aspects of Breath of the Wild.
Find the first piece of warm clothing in the game and start exploring cold places.
Find out how to make a new equine friend in this guide on taming horses.
We show you how to get more space for your weapons, bows, and shields.
Find out how to use amiibo in Breath of the Wild and see what benefits each amiibo gives you.
We show you where to find the Master Sword and what you have to do to get it.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Location Guides
There are a ton of places to find and explore in Breath of the Wild. These guides will tell you how to find various important locations throughout Hyrule.
We show you how to find each Sheikah Tower so you can completely fill in the map of Hyrule.
We show you how to find each Great Fairy Fountain and what you have to do to unlock them.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Lists
We show you every piece of armor in Breath of the Wild, where to find it, and what unique qualities it has.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Dungeon Walkthroughs
We show you how to get to the Divine Beast of Zora's Domain and how to get through its dungeon.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild All Shrine Locations and Solutions
These guides will show you where to find each shrine, how to complete the challenge within, and how to get each Shrine Chest.
Great Plateau Shrines
We’ll be updating our The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild guide with more info daily, so check back often for the latest guide content.