Doom is the story of a lone space marine set with an impossible task. Drive back the forces of Hell as they invade our world, and save the universe. It’s a fairly common goal when you really think about video game objectives, but thankfully iD Software has bogged the story down with overly dramatic cutscenes and silly jumpscares like many games of this type would. Instead, your objective is pretty simple, and always boils down to one government-issued command: kill every freaking thing you see.
So why not have a little fun along the way? This guide will feature several console command codes available only on the PC, that allow you to activate infinite ammo, God-mode, and even a code that makes all enemies immune to firearm rounds, forcing you to kill demons with nothing but your bare hands stunning and gore-filled Glory Kill animations. We haven’t come across any way to enjoy these interesting perks on console just yet, but we’ll let you know if something opens up.
It should be noted that some codes work in unexpected ways. For example, when activated on Nightmare Mode difficulty, the God-mode command actually causes the Doom Marine’s health to slowly drain over time, leaving you more susceptible to attacks.
It should also be noted that you cannot use these codes in multiplayer. They are only available in single-player.
How to Activate: To activate codes in Doom, bring down the Command Console by pressing [Ctrl + Alt + ~]. Input the code you want to use, and then press Enter to activate it.
Obviously, since these codes do change the way the game is played, we suggest completing the game all the way through without the use of any command codes, and then experimenting with which codes work best for you on your subsequent playthroughs.
- Toggles God-mode (still damageable by hazards). Causes Health to drain slowly at all times on Nightmare Difficulty.
- Gives the Doom Marine fully upgraded Health, Armor, and Ammo Capacity, as well as all unlockable Weapons, Weapon Mods (all fully upgraded), Suit Mods, and all available Suit Mod slots.
- Gives player fully upgraded Armor, Health, and Ammo Capacity.
- Gives player all Weapon Mods, Weapons, and Weapon Mods are all fully upgraded.
- Gives the Doom Marine all Suit Mods and all Suit Mod slots.
- Reveal all Secrets, items, and any unexplored areas of the map.
- Toggle Glory Kills only. Makes all enemies immune to firearms and normal weapons, requiring player to kill them with Glory Kill animations.
As we stated above, we highly suggest playing through the game and experiencing it for yourself. These games are meant to be ultra-violent and brutal, and you’d really be doing yourself a disservice by not reveling in the vanilla experience. That being said, we understand that different people like different kinds of things, and sometimes you just need to pop God-mode on and kick some demon ass.
We’d also like to mention that using any of the commands listed above may trigger a Cheat Flag on your save file, that may or may not disable online play. This is how the system worked in the game’s alpha build, and it may affect players the same way in the final release.