Part of the free-to-play-isation of Plants vs. Zombies 2 was locking certain levels off behind gates, requiring players to farm keys (ho hah!) or give in and buy them. That's gone with the latest update, which turns the maps linear and opens up those previously-locked levels. It's not all rosy though, as Gargantuar zombies have been brought back to assault your lawn.
The eighth level of each world will now see those hulking brutes on the offensive. If you murder them, you'll get a key to unlock a new world. "Already unlocked all the worlds? Hold on to that key. You’ll need it in the future..." PopCap hinted in the announcement.
- We've upgraded the map to make game progression quicker and easier.
- It's simpler to know how much you've done, where you're going, and what loot you'll get along the way.
- You can invite your friends and send 'em gifts.
- Use the Turbo button to speed up your planting -- and speed up the zombies.
- Be warned: when we were upgrading the map, somebody let in the Gargantuars.