Monday, December 10, 2012. Is it the weekend yet? Ugh.
How was your weekend, Shackers? Boring? Good! Those are the best times to catch up your backlog, especially given all the new games due out in the first quarter of 2013. Assassin's Creed Revelations has been my game of choice. Though, something just feels off about this one. Maybe it's the change of locale? I've no idea. Or, I've just played these titles too close together to fully appreciate them.
- What does the year 2030 look like? Superhumans, instant cities, along with all types of other crazy stuff. I did ask for this. [via Wired]
- What does the Internet look like over in North Korea, where the government controls every bit of information? [via BBC]
- After Earth, by Gary Whitta and M. Night Shyamalan, is teased with an early 2013 release. [via Den of Geek!]
- The best, or possibly worst, quotes of the year 2012. Politicians, politicians everywhere. [via USA Today]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "The Christmas break/vacation time is rapidly approaching. Instead of asking what your gaming backlog looks like, instead, I ask thee...What are you planning on playing over the break? Are you trying to knock out Dark Souls? Maybe another run through of Borderlands 2? Baldur's Gate: EE?" [by MercFox1]
- "MONDAY DISCUSSION That one feature you're hoping comes along in the "next-generation" of gaming/consoles. What is it?" [by eonix]
Recruits demo 1.0. "Recruits is a squad based top down shooter. Inspired by games like Cannon Fodder, Alien Swarm and Jagged Alliance Recruits puts players on the front lines of the battlefield to accomplish your missions through any means necessary. Fast paced and packed with explosions, Recruits offers a wide variety of features that allow you, and your friends to take command of the action and lead your men to victory." Download the demo for Windows.
Dark Souls II cinematic trailer:
Oh, you saw the debut trailer already? Tough! Watch it again, and this time notice the haunting soundtrack.
BOOM video 14359