September 11, 2012. No witty headline needed. Just Late Night Computing.
As I noted over the weekend, I've been testing the waters of Dota 2, beginning with a few guides found around the Internet. It's been a long, long, long time since I've played a MOBA of any kind, so its been a bit of a struggle. Never the less, I'm making some headway. How do you decide when its time to stop reading, and jump into the game? I've no idea, but my tolerance for words is growing slimmer by the minute.
- Curious how to run your very own Minecraft server for you and your friends? See how with this extremely detailed guide. [via ArsTechnica]
- Temper your expectations for an iPhone-bump to the economy after tomorrow's Apple special event. [via NPR]
- Speaking of the iPhone 5, want to see it unfold live? Look no more. Tune into this link at 10 AM PT/1 PM ET. [via The Verge]
- Indie rock band The XX teams up with Microsoft to show a fantastic visualization of how its new album spread around the Internet. [via VentureBeat]
- GoDaddy says it was a network issue that took many of its sites offline yesterday, not an attack. [via Techcrunch]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "Tomorrow's the iPhone 6 event, Thursday's the Wii U event. I'm an excited little nerd right now. I'm definitely getting the iPhone asap, but at the moment, I'm gonna get the Wii U after the holiday season. Unless Thursday's event shows off some uber cool stuff. then I'll probably preorder it if I can. After that, I believe my wallet can take a break." [by Korban]
- "GUILD WARS 2. Just attempted a run through the Ascalon Catacombs with my friend and three strangers. It did not end well. The lovers are freakin' deadly and we called it a night when our fifth dropped out. Should have attempted this with Shackers. More to come in the final GW2 diary." [by OzzieMejia]
Miner Wars 2081 public build 01.082.009. "This new public build has three playable missions, although players may experience glitches and minor bugs, but they should be able to finish them and it is also possible they will get even further. The first mission is almost final beside the second and third which are missing voice overs. The campaign will have 31 story missions, every mission should take 30 minutes to finish and that brings us to almost 15 hours of gameplay!" Download the demo for Windows.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier Raven Strike walkthrough:
Learn a bit about the campaign and mission objectives in the new downloadable content pack Raven Strike with a commentated gameplay walkthrough.
BOOM video 13800
The fifth developer diary for World of Warplanes comes home to roost, Mila gets a fighting vignette for Dead or Alive 5, get your pimp on with Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit!, get some ICA background on Dexter for Hitman: Absolution, and see the future of Star Wars: The Old Republic in two new trailers.