Welcome to Tuesday night, August 28, 2012, and your Late Night Computing. Grab a soda and hit the links for a great evening.
The Walking Dead episode 3 launched, surprisingly, today. Sort of a nice surprise for a Tuesday evening! Though I've been playing Transformers: Fall of Cybertron for the last week, the hardest difficultly tends to see me getting stuck in death loops (the first Autobot Titan face off being my current). Looks like I'll get to step away from the metallic world into a cel-shaded one. Sounds good to me!
- A panoramic high-resolution examination of the Curiosity landing site on Mars. [via Gigapan]
- ESPN will spend $5.6 billion to expand their current Major League Baseball coverage, which is almost double what they currently pay. The deal will begin in 2014. Please, please let the Pirates make the playoffs by then. [via Bloomberg]
- Minority Report apparently takes place in the year 2012, as The Leap motion controller is available now for pre-order. [via TOR]
- Speaking of the future, meet your next ketchup bottle. With a super slick coating, the condiment will slide right out. No more abusive bashing to get a simple squirt out of the bottle. [via Discovery]
- Make some sweet magic with Terry Crews and Old Spice Muscle Music. [via Terry Crews]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "Dudes, had some 3d prints made of two characters from our indie game we are working on. Came out awesome! Super pleased, look even better in person." [by timaste]
- "Guild Wars 2. I guess the mega post with 250+ replies died. The floodgates will open in a couple of hours. The headstart access peeps currently playing will be joined by the others. I need to get an invite I am one of those guys. Should be playing a Human Elementalist. Can't wait!" [by gydot]
The Grey mod for Half-Life 2: Episode Two. "Grey’s life has been nothing but a struggle. A constant downward spiral, and it seems even reality has turned against him. Grey awakens to find that the world has gone quiet, the streets empty. You must find help. Explore the grim world Grey lives in a completely new and unique world, and find clues to his shattered past. Grey is a total conversion Half-Life 2 horror modification where the player must solve puzzles, fight to survive, and find out what is happening to the world around you. We have made a lot changes to the base Source engine and have added countless new mechanics in the mod such as the objective indicator, portable medkit, donator based extras, pickup animations, failed reloads, new picture based GUI elements and much, much more!" Download version 1.1 here.
Need for Speed Most Wanted open world gameplay trailer:
Watch a few minutes of gameplay as you race your friends with complete freedom in the open world trailer.
BOOM video 13681
Take a break from your adventuring in the world of RaiderZ with the Ingen Free Port map reveal trailer, get gritty with some new Gears of War: Judgment gameplay, the Creature Slaughter Dome for Borderlands 2 is revealed, and get a first look at some new DLC for Fruit Ninja Kinect.