Starhawk's publisher Sony is rolling out a double-whammy of pre-order irritations for Lighbox Interactive's spiritual successor to Warhawk. Not only is there a special 'Limited Edition,' only available by pre-ordering, with bonus in-game goodies, you can only buy the LE from GameStop.
- Maw of Despair Outcast Pack: Includes the Maw of Despair Co-op Map and Shade Warrior MP Skin. This challenging co-op mission takes place deep beneath the planet's surface in a particularly dangerous Rift mine. The Maw of Despair is home to the oldest Outcast tribe, the Shade Warriors. The heart of each Shade Warrior blazes with pure Rift energy, granting them extra toughness and combat ability. The firefights you'll encounter in the Maw of Despair co-op mission will push your shooting skills to the edge!
- Echo Scrapyard Rifter Pack: Includes the Scrapyard Homeworld and Huxley Ardin MP Skin. An exclusive player Homeworld, the Echo Scrapyard features Huxley's mechanics shop and junkyard - known throughout the Frontier as the best place in the Frontier for Rifters to get spare parts for their Razorbacks and Sidewinders. And in the canyon basin below, Huxley's shop is a network of roads and trails for players to hone their own Razorback 4×4 and Sidewinder Jetbike driving skills.
- Starhawk Concept Art PS3 Theme: Decorate your PS3 with the amazing concept art that help bring the Starhawk Universe to life. Only available through the Starhawk Limited Edition.
- Copy of the Original Warhawk (PSone): Download and play the title that started it all!
- Official Starhawk Soundtrack: Christopher Lennertz's sweeping original score available as a PSN download.
If you don't want to give GameStop your money, fear not--all the in-game content will almost inevitably be sold separately at some point. It's the way things work these days, don't you know. Lightbox notes on Facebook, "We're currently looking at options for the EU and other regions as well."
Starhawk is headed exclusively to PlayStation 3 on May 8.