The power trio of Xav, Jeff, and Garnett come together for a midsummer's night podcast. Picking up on the excitement Shane left last week, El Shaddai gets a closer look after having played it--and fares well for the most part. Other games in Whatcha Been Playin? include NHL 12, Madden, Portal 2 co-op, and Toy Soldiers: Cold War. For the Warning, we talk about whether MMO design needs to better emphasize group play, and the recent assertion that few people finish games. Some of that discussion spills over to the news segment, which starts off with Mark Cerny's prediction that isolated single-player games will be gone in three years. Finishing Moves tops it all off.
Weekend Confirmed Ep. 74: 08/19/2011
- Subscribe to Weekend Confirmed in iTunes
- Weekend Confirmed is also available in the Zune Marketplace
- Subscribe to Weekend Confirmed via RSS
Weekend Confirmed comes in four segments to make it easy to listen to in segments or all at once. Here's the timing for this week's episode:
- Whatcha' Been Playin Part 1: Start: 00:00:00 End: 00:29:01
- Whatcha' Been Playin Part 2: Start: 00:29:35 End: 00:58:32
- The Warning: Start: 00:59:32 End: 01:31:15
- Featured music Mista Perkins "Pop Life" feat. Aaron G. West: 01:31:15 End: 01:34:50
- The Front Page news: Start: 01:34:50 End: 02:09:51
Get the featured track "Pop Life" for FREE!
Be on the look out for the upcoming solo album form Mista Perkins. It promises to be a holistic well rounded banger for any and everyone. "I've been rhyming, arranging, producing and singing for so long, I can't remember when it all began."
Original music in the show by Del Rio. Get his latest Album, The Wait is Over on iTunes. Check out more, including the Super Mega Worm mix and other mash-ups on his ReverbNation page or Facebook page, and follow him on twitter delriomusic.
Jeff Cannata can also be seen on The Totally Rad Show. They've gone daily so there's a new segment to watch every day of the week!
Remember to join the Official Facebook Weekend Confirmed Page and add us to your Facebook routine. We'll be keeping you up with the latest on the show there as well.
BOOM video 10159