Notably, 2009 Independent Games Festival student finalist Zeit2 (that's Zeit-squared) will arrive on January 12 for 800 MS Points ($10), from publisher Ubisoft. Next week, select "zombie-themed" content will be discounted for Xbox Live's regular Deal of the Week promotion.
BOOM video 7603
From January 11 through January 17, "more than 25 pieces" of Activision content will be on sale for up to 50 percent off. Content mentioned in Major Nelson's post include Call of Duty map packs, arcade titles, and more. Additionally, EA will have its own sale of "up to 50 percent off more than 25 pieces of content" from January 18 through January 25. Specific content was not revealed.
Xbox Live "free" members--previously referred to as "silver" members--can enjoy a free weekend of Gold service later this month. From January 28 (12pm ET) through January 31 (12pm ET) "Gold" status will be granted to all users. This means you can play games online and use premium services, like Facebook--which we all know is not free to use anywhere else on the internet, ever.
- Xbox Live Deal of the Week
- Zombie Apocalypse, 400 Microsoft Points
- The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai, 400 Microsoft Points
- Zombie Prop Avatar, 160 Microsoft Points
Week of January 17
- Plants vs. Zombies, 800 Microsoft Points
Week of January 10: Zombies ... Back from the Dead
- Xbox Games On Demand
- January 4: Crackdown 2
- January 11: Need for Speed SHIFT
- January 18: Transformers: The Game
- January 18: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- January 18: Dante's Inferno
- Xbox Live Avatar Marketplace
- January 6: New Year's Resolution
- January 6: Food Fest
- January 6: Burton
- January 13: Dinosaur Pets
- January 13: Xbox 360 Gear
- Xbox Live Arcade
- January 12: Zeit2, 800 Microsoft Points
Note: Schedule is subject to change. All content may not be available in all Xbox Live Regions. Specific discounts and pricing may only be eligible for Xbox Live Gold members.