Green Bay Packers' QB Aaron Rodgers grabbed the virtual MVP and Offensive Player of the Year awards by leading the Packers to a 12-4 regular-season finish, while the Baltimore's OLB Terrell Suggs helped the Ravens secure home-field advantage for the AFC. The Indianapolis Colt's gave the Ravens a run for their money, however, with both teams achieving a 13-3 record for the season. The Ravens were able to secure home-field advantage due to a better divisional record. The Minnesota Vikings also tied the Packers 12-4 season record, though the Packers ended up with a better divisional record.
BOOM video 6274
The New York Jets and the Houston Texans secured Wild Card spots, and the 49ers finally made it back to the playoffs after a seven-year drought, joined by the Dallas Cowboys and New Orleans Saints as division winners in the NFC. The Atlanta Falcons snagged the remaining Wild Card spot in the conference.
The top winners of individual accolades for the 2010 NFL season simulated in Madden NFL 11 are as follows:
- NFL MVP - Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
- Offensive Player of the Year - Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
- Defensive Player of the Year - Terrell Suggs, Baltimore Ravens
- Offensive Rookie of the Year - Jermaine Gresham, Cincinnati Bengals
- Defensive Rookie of the Year - Joe Haden, Cleveland Browns
- Coach of the Year - John Harbaugh, Baltimore Ravens