Joystiq cites multiple sources and believes that Sony will unveil PSN+ at E3 2010 during its press conference. The service will "will focus on giving paid subscribers additional bonuses without limiting online multiplayer between paying and nonpaying users."
The additional bonuses cited are:
- "Access to a rotating list of PSP Minis and PSone Classics"
- "Exclusive in-game DLC"
- "Discounts to the PlayStation Store"
- "'First Hour' demo access to full retail titles"
- A PlayStation Protection Plan
- Cross-game chat
- Auto-patching for recently played games
The content of both rumors seem very different, but other than a discrepancy about cross-game chat, seem to fit together. The European-focused rumor from VG247 suggests a music-streaming service, while the US-based rumor focuses on the games.