A handful of successful independent game designers have created the Indie Fund, a "brand new funding source for independent developers, created by a group of successful indies looking to encourage the next wave of game developers."
Indie Fund is:
- Ron Carmel and Kyle Gabler - 2D BOY (World of Goo)
- Jonathan Blow - Number None (Braid)
- Kellee Santiago - thatgamecompany (flOwer)
- Nathan Vella - Capy (Critter Crunch)
- Matthew Wegner - Flashbang Studios (Off-Road Velociraptor Safari)
- Aaron Isaksen - AppAbove Games (Armadillo Gold Rush)
Indie Fund has already begun backing projects and will reveal specifics at a later date. Expect more news about this venture at GDC 2010.