The screenshots detail the return of the car and barrel smashing mini-games alongside the smattering of new online options, while the videos see newcomer Juri facing off against returning vets Dee Jay and T. Hawk. BOOM video 2945
All in all, Super Street Fighter IV will add "about eight new characters" to the twenty-five character roster of Street Fighter IV when it hits PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in the spring of 2010. Another video and Capcom's official fact sheet follow below: BOOM video 2944
Beyond characters, Super Street Fighter IV adds an enhanced Ultra Combo system as well as major enhancements to the online and offline gameplay modes introduced in Street Fighter IV.
- Enhanced online play featuring new modes:
- Team Battles: Up to eight players can participate in 2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 3, or 4 vs. 4 team elimination battles.
- Endless Battle: Up to eight players can participate in an endless elimination online match where the winner stays on and plays against the next player in true arcade fashion. Spectators can also chat with each other as they watch the match.
- Replay Channel: Players can view recorded matches and discuss the match while watching replays of great matches from players around the world.
- Tournament Mode coming as DLC after launch.
- Bonus Stages: Return of the classic car and barrel bonus stages made popular in Street Fighter II both available in arcade and challenge modes:
- Car stage: Annihilate the car with regular and special moves before the time runs out.
- Barrel stage: Players are given 20 barrels and must destroy as many as they can within the time limit.
- More classic Street Fighter characters re-imagined for a new generation of gamers, including favourites DeeJay and T Hawk.
- New challenger: mysterious female Juri is the first character in Street Fighter history to utilize the Tae Kwon Do style.
- All playable SFIV characters will be unlocked out of the box.
- Gameplay has been rebalanced to provide challenges for both newcomers as well as the most seasoned Street Fighter pro.