The included 'Skirmish' DLC adds four new multiplayer maps and two Fire Team Engagement missions, and is slated to hit Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 for $5 (400 Microsoft Points) and $4 respectively following the release of a separate title update.
The patch for the PC release brings fixes for everything from lag and control issues to crashes and the interface, all detailed in the following changelog.
- The game now displays the version number on the front end.
- Video can now be captured with the software FRAPS.
- When using the Mission Editor, if the player clicks off the game in order to move an object in the mission editor, the game will now not loses focus.
- Gameplay online
- Lag issues reduced for 32 players pvp.
- The Client and Host shooting are now synchronised. The client will no longer empty a magazine into a player and not killing him.
- In an online game, the mines are now correctly synchronised. The player can place mines on the ground with no problems.
- The weapon will now continue working if the player spam the fire button and the change fire rate button.
- The Players will now position correctly when re-spawned inside a vehicle.
- Clients are now able to enter vehicles with no problem.
- All sniper rifles will now have a sway effect.
- When a building is destroyed any corpses that are within the building are removed, so they are not floating in the air.
- The inventory UI from the crate or corpse can now be opened correctly when the player is standing at distance.
- A rare online crash bug has been fixed when the Client is assaulting the fuel depot towards the end of the mission Bleeding Edge.
- If the fireteams are following orders and then the player select an ROE order on all fireteams including themselves the orders will now be spread across all fireteams.
- On a Pvp game, the counter will now count correctly when the settings are restricted to no re-spawns.
- Games via a private server and password are now correctly protected. The players will now require the password to join the game.
- The mouse wheel will now respond to the input control if the player enters a vehicle and continues to switch positions using mouse wheel.
- The player can now change weapon with number keys while in a vehicle.
- The player can now scroll the list of names in the lobby using the middle wheel.
- The reloading time is now correct when the player is going prone straight after firing a SMAW or Queen Bee weapons.
- The chat box will not overlap on 800x600 resolution.
- In the polish SKU, the apostrophe key is now translated correctly when changing keyboard configuration in the Front end.
- When exiting the credits, the heading will not transition twice.
- The game has been modified to only use the original data to prevent cheating or hacking by modifying the configuration files.
- Added script command OFP:setAIConfigPropertyValue to allow mission designers to override the AI configuration values found in the global AIConfig.xml file in user generated missions only.