The download delivers Harvest, a community-made King of the Hill map, along with the addition of pumpkin bombs, collectible candy, and five achievements that unlock "Mildly Disturbing Halloween Hats."
In keeping with the Halloween theme, players will find Harvest to be haunted by "the restless spirit of Zepheniah Mann," which "will scare senseless any player unlucky enough to cross his spectral path, rendering them temporarily helpless with fear!"
The festivities run through November 2. For more details, look below:
- Added a Halloween edition called Koth_Harvest_Event
- Contains a variety of Halloween related features: New hats, achievements, exploding pumpkins, ghosts, and more!
- Updated the CTF, Arena, and KOTH versions of Sawmill
- Fixed Engineer exploit
- Added check to prevent clients from sending empty or all whitespace names to the server
- Fixed "item_found" announcements coloring the player names if the player has :: in their name
- QuickSwitch improvements
- Added key input so you can cycle through it using the slot input keys
- Added all loadout slots (not just primary, secondary, and melee)
- Removed duplicate entries (should only see 1 flaregun, etc.)
- Fixed a few small layout & empty slot bugs
- Updated item_teamflag with flags to toggle the trail effects: 0 none, 1 all, 2 paper only, 3 color only
- Added a "both" selection to the invalid winners field for team_control_point_master and team_control_point_round entities
Collect 20 Halloween pumpkins from dead players to unlock a hat.
Ghastly Gibus Grab
Dominate a player wearing the Ghastly Gibus to earn your own.
Kill a player scared by the ghost haunting KOTH Harvest.
Attack O' Lantern
Cause the deaths of 5 players by exploding nearby pumpkin bombs.
Kill a Spy disguised as your current class.