The limited edition will be available for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 "while supplies last" when Battlefield: Bad Company 2 hits all three platforms on March 2, 2010.
Players who end up lumbered with the regular edition will presumably still be able to gain the unlocks--detailed below--the old-fashioned way by ranking up in multiplayer.
Four vehicle warfare unlocks
Two classic Battlefield 1943 weapons
- Improved Vehicle Armor - An up-armor package is mounted on all vehicle types, decreasing the effect of both explosive and penetrating warheads, significantly improving vehicle survivability.
- Supreme Vehicle Firepower - Additional weapon packages are mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expanding the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.
- Vehicle Motion Sensor - Use this electronics warfare package to locate enemy units in direct proximity to the vehicle.
- Tracer Dart Pistol - This magnetic dart attaches to any vehicle surface, allowing squad members to track, lock on, and fire rockets onto moving targets even beyond line of sight.
- M1A1 Submachine Gun - Reliable but heavy this classic weapon is a powerful force in the hands of any Battlefield veteran.
- M1911 Pistol - Highly customized M1911 are favored for its dependability and the power of its large .45 caliber round.
BOOM video 2835