Crafted by Swiss developer GIANTS (Farming Simulator 2008), Farming Simulator 2009 promises to deliver "the thrill of driving heavy modern farm equipment," complete with gamepad and steering wheel support, as players manage their crops and funds.
Unfortunately, a specific price point or release date for the title were not mentioned in today's announcement, though it was noted that the game carries an "E for Everyone" rating and "Alcohol Reference" content descriptor from the ESRB .
"One of the buildings in the game has a 'Quaff Beer' sign attached to it," explains the ESRB's rating synopsis. More details, courtesy Tri Synergy, follow below:
Build the farm of your dreams!
Become a farmer and experience the thrill of driving heavy modern farm equipment as you try and feed the world! Grow and harvest crops while utilizing a variety of vehicles and implements over the 900+ acre island in your quest for farming greatness.
Start in a sparsely-equipped farmhouse with old equipment and set to work plowing, cultivating and seeding fields. With wise planning and hard work, the resulting harvest will provide you with the financial resources to better equip your property and increase your productivity!
Eventually you can become the owner of a beautiful sprawling farm as you drive to expand your fleet of farm machinery, increase your efficiency, and diversify your crops. You can choose between seven beautifully detailed tractors, four combine harvesters and over 20 tools such as a plough, seeder, baler, self loading wagon, and more! For dedicated farmers, Farming Simulator allows you to download additional vehicles and equipment with automatic mod installation!
Farming Simulator also includes:
- Many varied tutorials & missions to hone your skills
- An open-ended career mode to test your farming business skills
- Large vehicle fleet with authentic Fendt machines
- Tons of very detailed equipment
- 4 different crops: barley, corn, canola & wheat
- Day & night cycle with continually changing weather patterns
- AI traffic and computer-controlled assistants
- A large MOD community where you can download additional vehicles and equipment.
- Gamepad and steering wheel support