Bookworm Adventures 2 brings new mini-games and three new ten-chapter books to the mix while retaining the core challenge of trying to assemble the longest word, as quickly as possible, with the provided letters and tiles.
Priced at $20, Bookworm Adventures 2 will initially be sold as a downloadable game through PopCap's official website. An eventual release on digital distribution platform Steam seems likely, as PopCap's past few releases Peggle and Plants vs. Zombies have ended up on the service, but we're checking in for confirmation and more details.
While we're waiting for that additional information, feel free to peruse these points:
New Features in Bookworm Adventures 2 include:
- 3 all-new books of ten chapters each: "Fractured Fairytales," "The Monkey King" and "Astounding Planets"!
- All-new infinite Replay mode! Pick a book, fight foes and score big points!
- 6 mini-games, including all-new "Mutant Words," "Golden Coins" and "Word Up"!
- Battle more than 130 ferocious new foes while wielding over 20 terrific new treasures!
- Companions! Literary figures join Lex and battle by his side!
- Rainbow Tiles! New potent wild card tiles allow you to build the gigantic words of your dreams!
- Arena mode! Spell quickly to defeat your toughest enemies!
- Achievements - earn trophies, points and badges!