The DLC consists of two new fire and ice themed maps titled Napalm and Cordite, and will also pack in two appropriately themed weapons, the Flamethrower and Boltgun. A handful of screenshots from each map are included in the gallery below. nope The content will also see the release of a patch 1.28 for the game, which notably adds new moderation and gameplay options. The patch goes live on Tuesday, July 14, while the undated DLC could hit that Thursday.
Check out the entire patch notes here:
On Tuesday, June July 14th 2009 at 8AM Greenwich Mean Time, Guerrilla Games will release the 10th update for the visceral shooter, Killzone 2.
Patch 1.28 will be 91MB in size (316MB for Asian release) and will be released worldwide simultaneously pending a server update. There will be an anticipated server down-time of about 2 hours while the patch is rolled out and the server updates are completed and tested. The following fixes and features are included in this latest release:
- Feature - Code support for DLC pack III "Napalm & Cordite". The update will enable players to create games with the newest maps ÃƒÂ¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½Suljeva CliffsideÃƒÂ¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½ and ÃƒÂ¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½Arctower LandingÃƒÂ¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½
- Feature - Code support for DLC to allow the additions of the Flamethrower and the Boltgun to multiplayer.
- Trophies - New trophies added for DLC pack III "Napalm and Cordite"
- Feature - Detailed information screen when browsing games. Items displayed include: Friendly Fire, Faction Balancing, Custom Weapons and Custom Badges as well as the region, game size, selected maps and allowed Missions and Badges.
- Feature - Higher values for Bodycount mode. Players can now create games with 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 50, 100 and 200 points to increase the time of the mode for 32 player games.
- Feature - Moderators can now create double-points events.
- Fix for persistent squads now working correctly when users using separate Japanese accounts join Friends.
- New loading screens.
- Moderation - Additional powers and functionality for online moderators.
- Fix for Clan Leader leaving his clan before an active Tournament of Clan Challenge.
- Fix for score replication on different clients.
- Fix for a Clan Challenge results displaying a won/lost games as a "Draw."
- Fix for incorrect Tournament timings being displayed for (semi)-final.
- Fix for an empty message pop-up being displayed.
- "High Precision Mode" now defaulting when requested.
- Fix for stuttering audio on the Asian version.
- Fix for network error displayed when trying to log in with another users account.
- Fix to reduce network traffic and improve performance.
- Fix for occasionally being displayed an empty background when "Join Friend" via Communications tab.
- Exploit - Pyrrhus Rise map boundary fix.
- Exploit - Radec Academy collision fix to prevent players being revived inside a pillar and using it to their advantage.
- Cosmetic fix for Medic Gun visual effects.
- Cosmetic fix for Search & Retrieve object being cloaked by the Scout.
- Cosmetic fix for Scouts body remaining cloaked after being mortally wounded (i.e. headshot).
- Gameplay - Damage from Sentry bots tweaked back on request of the community.
- Collection of minor code fixes.