The update adds a new fast-paced Survival Mode and 16 specialized maps to the game, and enables the Dead Air and Death Toll campaigns to be played in Versus Mode.
Valve notes that both the PC and Xbox 360 editions of Left 4 Dead are "now available for a special price," with Steam selling the PC version at $39.99, a $10 price drop.
Patch notes for the PC version follow. Oddly, the notes don't mention the addition of the two campaigns to Versus, but Shacknews can confirm they have indeed been added.
- Survival Mode
- New gameplay Mode
- 16 maps including Last Stand
- 7 new achievements
- Fixed a case where versus team score would continue to be recalculated after the score panel was displayed
- Fixed an issue with recalculating the versus score health bonus for a player when they are rescued from being incapacitated
- Fixed being able to start a swing as an infected, then teleport to the survivors and have the claw swing hit a survivor
- Fixed a case where teleporting to the survivors would not reset the ability timer
- Fixed an exploit where you could load the chamber of a weapon with bullets by holding down the melee key
- Fixed a case where it was not possible to join a game while it was in a finale
- Fixed a rare case where listen servers would speed up the game over time
- Removed convars related to melee fatigue
- Fixed a case where infected players would get a respawn time on their initial spawn into a map
- Made ms_force_dedicated_server not require cheats
- Add a message when queuing a heartbeat
- Simplified setting of game mode.
- removed convars director_no_human_zombies and director_holdout_mode
- added mp_gamemode [coop,versus,survival]
- Added lobby join and leave messages