Wii Sports topped the chart, with a staggering 40.5 million copies sold around the world.
This figure, of course, includes the many copies bundled with Wii systems in North America and Europe. However, Wii Sports is sold separately in Japan. So of the 44.96 million Wiis sold worldwide, only 4.46 million--roughly 10%--are without Wii Sports.
For reference, Nintendo has sold 7.5 million Wiis in Japan since launch.
The list lacks a number of Wii games known to have sold well over one million units, including The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3, as it only includes Nintendo games that have sold an additional million units since April 2008.
- Wii Sports - 40.5 million
- Wii Play - 20.91 million
- Wii Fit - 14.01 million
- Mario Kart Wii - 13.67 million
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 8.1 million
- Super Mario Galaxy - 7.66 million
- Mario Party 8 - 6.28 million
- Animal Crossing: City Folk - 3.22 million
- Wii Music - 2.50 million
- Link's Crossbow Training - 2.44 million
- Mario Super Sluggers - 1.21 million
- Nintendogs - 21.67 million
- New Super Mario Bros. - 17.63 million
- Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day - 16.82 million
- Pokemon Diamond/Pearl - 16.48 million
- Mario Kart DS - 13.79 million
- Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day - 13.27 million
- Animal Crossing: Wild World: 10.57 million
- Super Mario 64 DS - 7.16 million
- Mario Party DS - 5.49 million
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness - 4.4 million
- Pokemon Platinum Version - 2.4 million
- Kirby Super Star Ultra - 2.19 million
- Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia - 1.80 million
- Rhythm Heaven - 1.71 million
- Personal Trainer: Cooking - 1.68 million