In the first weekly Crysis update on Crytek's forum, community manager Alexander Marschal broke down some of the changes planned for Crysis (PC) in the forthcoming 1.2 update patch.
"The patch as itself is nearly finished from a content point of view." wrote Marschal in the update. "The test phase will last until EA's and Crytek's Quality Assurance departments are satisfied... we have to wait for additional feedback from both QA departments in order to set and announce a release date."
Notable changes include tweaked damage for players hit by cars at lower speeds and an automatic team balance mechanism for multiplayer matches. Team colors have been added to death and kill messages to more properly attribute in-game carnage. A list of known Crysis 1.2 patch changes follows.
- Optimizations and Stability
- Fixed potential server exploit that could cause servers to crash.
- General Fixes/tweaks
- Added mouse wheel scrolling support for server browser.
- Fixed an issue where in unarmed mode, the character's arms will suddenly reappear and disappear when picking up and dropping an object.
- Added new effects for vehicle shattering after being frozen.
- C4 will now stick to doors correctly.
- Added new grenade indicator icon. (explained in detail further above)
- Adjusted explosion radius of grenade launcher to be more efficient vs. players.
- Added check for players riding on vehicles while not seated to prevent them being killed.
- Tweaked damage for players hit by vehicles at lower speeds.
- Adjusted wall collision damage for civilian car.
- Improved AI machinegun handling (both stationary and mounted machineguns on vehicles).
- Fixed an issue with "Escort Prophet out of sphere" objective failure causing reloading issues.
- Added team colors to kill/death messages (explained in detail further above).
- Fixed some game states not properly resetting after game restart.
- Fixed issue where VOIP doesn't work properly on non-dedicated servers.
- New Features
- Added auto team balance. Players will now be moved from full teams to the opposing side when dead if the numbers are unbalanced. (Can be disabled/enabled via cvar).