With the January 9, 2018 reset in Destiny 2, players will see the end of the Dawning event that aimed to take their money more than entertained them. Destiny 2 will be getting back to the same old grind as it normally settles into, with players searching for ways to complete armor sets and reach the max power level through the engrams offered upcon completing milestones. Below is a list of everything that you should expect to find in Destiny 2 over the coming week.
Nightfall - The Arms Dealer
The Arms Dealer isn't a bad strike to have pop up as the Nightfall. You can mess this guy up before he has a chance to flee to one of his platforms if you know what you're doing. Golden Gun and Celestial Nighthawk, along with some Curtain Call rockets timed to fit with Prism, and this fight is over.
- Prism - Attacks matching the periodically rotating focused element do more damage. Other elemental damage is reduced. Incoming damage is unaffected
- Timewarp: Killing Time - Defeat enemies to extend the mission timer, up to a limit
- Speed of Dark - Complete the Nightfall with at least five minutes remaining
- Unbroken - Complete the Nightfall with fewer than three deaths
- Trash the Thresher - Shoot down a Thresher while fighting Bracus Zahn
Flashpoint - EDZ
This week's Flashpoint takes place in the EDZ, which should make you happy. Earth is one of the better places to grind public events, so you'll find completing the Flashpoint quite simple. Don't forget to snag Cayde's treasure maps.
Leviathan Raid Order
The Leviathan raid order for this week is: The Gauntlet > Pleasure Gardens > Royal Pools > Emperor Calus. Be sure to study our Leviathan raid guide, as well as our guide on the Leviathan raid underbelly codes to help you avoid repeated trips to the Castellum.
Leviathan Raid Challenge
The Leviathan Raid challenge for this week is Emperor Calus. If you're team is struggling to defeat the exiled Cabal emperor, check out our Emperor Calus Challenge guide.
Faction Weapons for Sale
Each week faction representatives will sell armor and weapons. The armor will remain the same, but the weapons will rotate. Below is a list of the weapons being sold by each faction lead in Destiny 2:
- Devrim Kay - Scathelocke Legendary Auto Rifle
- Asher Mir - Blue Shift Legendary Rocket Launcher
- Sloane - Tone Patrol Legendary Scout Rifle
- Failsafe - Agenda 5 Legendary Pulse Rifle
- Commander Zavala - Deadpan Delivery Legendary Shotgun
- Lord Shaxx - Play of the Game Legendary Grenade Launcher
- Weapon: Legendary Solar Damage Mod
- Gauntlets: Legendary Void Imact Mod
- Leg Armor: Legendary Solar Impact Mod
- Rare Emote: The Gallop - 400 Bright Dust
- Legendary Emote: The Bureaycratic Walk - 700 Bright Dust
- Legendary Sparrow: Tropidon V - 600 Bright Dust
- Exotic Ship: Ikora's Resolve - 2,000 Bright Dust
- Exotic Weapon Ornament: Comstock Lode (Prospector) - 800 Bright Dust
- Exotic Weapon Ornament: Mind of Its Own (D.A.R.C.I.) - 800 Bright Dust
- Legendary Cloak/Bond/Mark: Omega Mechanos - 800 Bright Dust
- Legendary Ghost: Flaming Arrow Shell - 400 Bright Dust
- Rare Transmat Effect: Arc Effects - 450 Bright Dust
- Legendary Shader: Suros Modular Shine - 40 Bright Dust
- Legendary Shader: Tarnished Copper - 40 Bright Dust
- Fireteam Medallion Legendary Consumable - 50 Bright Dust
- Gleaming Boon of the Vanguard Legendary Consumable - 350 Bright Dust
- Gleaming Boon of the Crucible Legendary Consumable - 750 Bright Dust
That’s everything you need to know about the January 9, 2018 weekly reset in Destiny 2. Visit the Shacknews Destiny 2 complete strategy guide for everything you’ll ever need to be a great Guardian.