Heroes of the Storm is full of champions for all of Blizzards games. The characters, good and bad, usually have a prominent place in the lore of their affiliated game. However a new hero has entered the Nexus, one that you might not expect, but with pretty significant powers nonetheless.
Probius, a Protoss probe, is a builder, but after the StarCraft 2 trailer for Legacy of the Void showed him saving a bunch of Templars from an incoming Zerg swarm, the legend was made. His abilities include:
- Warp in Pylon: Warp in a Pylon that generates a Power Field and Grants vision of the surrounding area. Probius only regens mana while inside a power field. Up to 2 Pylons can be active at a time
- Worker Rush: Activate to gain an additional 50% movement speed for 5 seconds. Taking damage ends this early. Passive: Probius moves 10% faster by hovering over the ground.
- Disruption Pulse: Fire a burst of energy forward, dealing 150 damage to all enemies it passes through. Hitting the center of a Warp Rift will cause it to explode, dealing additional damage.
- Warp Rift: Open an unstable Warp Rift at a location that takes 1.25 seconds to arm, which then slows nearby enemies by 20%, lasting 9 seconds. Armed Warp Rifts explode when hit by a Disruption Pulse, dealing 261 damage to nearby enemies.
- Photon Cannon: Warp in a Photon Cannon that deals 95 damage per second. Lasts 11 seconds. Must be placed within a Pylon's Power Field. Deactivates if it doesn't have a nearby Pylon.
- Heroic Abilities:
- Pylon Overcharge: Increases the size of Pylon power fields and allow them to attack enemies within it for 110 damage per second for 10 seconds. Passive: Pylons gain permanent shields equal to 50% of their max health.
- Null Gate: Project a barrier or negative energy in the target direction that lasts 4 seconds. Enemies who touch the barrier take 64 damage per second and are slowed by 80% for as long as they remain in contact with it.
Probius is currently on the Public Test Realm and should launch live into the Nexus next week.
And if you want some hints on how to play this new unit, here's a good spotlight video:
John Keefer posted a new article, Heroes of the Storm Adds StarCraft's Little Probe That Could
Awesome idea for a moba hero
Awww so cute. I only play the high-concept chars anyway, so this will be a good thing to play when I'm taking a break from Abby.
Bit disappointed that he isn't more unconventional. I was thinking that he wouldn't use direct attacks at all. They could make it so that you micromanage his structures to fight and just use him like an actual Probe.